Monday 1 January 2007

2007 - A good year for Parkour

I've got a feeling that 2007 is going to be a great year for Parkour, for me individually and as a community on the whole.
Personally I feel there is a good year of progression ahead for myself. Therefore I have decided to record some aims, and hopefully I'll be able to look back and tick them all off by the end of the year :-)

Get a Job - This may sound un-related to Parkour, but a job will provide me with more money, and with money I can achieve other aims (to follow) and provide with cash to spend on items needed for progression, ie Chin up bars, appropriate clothing, weighted vest and so on.

Travel - and more often. In 2006 I only went to London 3 times (2wice for PK events) and Leicester once. Leicester was the best jam I have attended and have tried to make it back since but weather and cash stand in the way. I hope to jam a different city every month, or the same city more than once. Which leads me to ...

Meet New People - I'm met a few people from different areas of England ( callum, jack, dan, luke, joe) from doing Parkour and every single one of them has been great, they've been encouraging and inspirational and I hope to meet many more in 2007.

Sort of Some P-town Hell Nights - I have been speaking Callum (Leicester) and he says that the Leicester Hell Nights have not only helped him physically with Parkour, but mentally too. I hope by sorting one out in Peterborough, will encourage me to go out more, even to lone train if necessary. This will also obviously improve my Parkour as well, which will help with my progression.


That's all for the moment but I may add a few more in the coming weeks.

I wish all traceurs the best for 2007.
Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home